New year, new hope, new targets..
Here are top 5 Marathon events of this month –
1) Aramco Houston Half Marathon: Half Marathon (21.097 km) & 5 km event | Venue: Houston, Texas, United States | Date: 14th January, 2018
Affiliated as IAAF Gold Label Road Races.
2) Hong Kong Marathon (Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon): Full Marathon (42K), Half Marathon (21.097K) & 10K event | Venue: Hong Kong | Date: 21st January, 2018
Hong Kong Marathon is the 7th largest running event in the world by participation (73,070 participants). It is IAAF Gold Label Road Races.
3) Dubai Marathon (Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon): Full Marathon (42K) | Venue: Dubai, UAE | Date: 26th January, 2018
Dubai Marathon is world’s richest long distance running event in the history. Affiliated as IAAF Gold Label Road Races.
4) Osaka Women’s Marathon (Osaka International Ladies Marathon): Full Marathon (42K) | Venue: Osaka, Japan | Date: 28th January, 2018
It is an annual marathon road race for women of 42.195 km.
It was started in 1982 and hosted by Japan Association of Athletics Federations, Kansai Telecasting Corporation, the Sankei Shimbun, Sankei Sports, Radio Osaka and Osaka City
The famous Japanese rock group “The Alfee” has written a large number of the theme songs for the marathon. It is IAAF Gold Label Road Races.
5) Mumbai Marathon (Tata Mumbai Marathon): Full Marathon (42K), Half Marathon (21.097K), 10K, 6K event | Venue: Mumbai, India | Date: 21st January, 2018
It is IAAF Silver Label Road Races.